Lift Park T – Hanging Shuttle is a parking model wherein cars are moved by an integral-lift carriage. This type is suitable for public and private parking lots of a medium size: up to 80 parking spots. The cycle times tend to be lower than those of the platform models. It can be built below or above ground, with access point above or below the parking levels.
Lift Park T – Hanging Shuttle is an automated parking system characterized by the absence of the central slab in the shuttle area (in blue in the diagram), which allows for a reduction in digging depth with respect to the Lift Park T – Shuttle on Slab model.
The cars are parked on fixed stalls (in green in the diagram). A shuttle (in blue) moves horizontally from floor to floor, positions itself in front of the stall containing the car to be retrieved, moves the integral-lift carriage (in red) from the stall to the shuttle itself, moves onto the elevator (in brown), and ascends to the exit point. The driver may then get into the car and exit the parking facility. The system is now ready for a new operation (this system has reduced cycle times with respect to the platform system because there is no need to wait for the empty platform to reposition itself into the parking stall). Parking takes place in reverse order.
This parking system may be supplemented with optional equipment that rotates the car, allowing for entrance and exit without reversing (in orange), or transfers the car from street level to the internal parking levels. The entrance/exit point may be constructed in the traditional manner – within a room in the building – or on the exterior with a retractable roof, which, when closed, restores the flatness of the external surface.
Cars can be parked in a single bay (single-file) as shown in the figure, or in a double or triple bay, optimizing the available space.
- Underground, above ground, or mixed
- A variety of mechanisms can be stationed in a large parking facility, with one or more at work in each lane
- Only suitable for pallet system
- Modular both in length and in height/depth
- Multiple entry/exit rooms can be installed for each lane
- Direct access to the storage-and-retrieval machine or access via a secondary lift
- Other options, such as the rotary table, can be added to conform the system to the specific project needs
- Transponder access for private use, ticketing system complete with gates and manned and automatic payment stalls for public parking garages